How I am feeling at this point in the Event:
Dragging a bit. My eyes are tired and I’m finding it had to concentrate. So I took some time off in hour 12 just to recharge my batteries.
What I am currently reading:
A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Maara which is set in Chechnya and so far is great.
What I have finished reading:
The Round House by Louise Erdrich which is spectacularly good. I will try to get a review up on this book sometime in the next couple of days. In the meantime, if you haven’t read this one yet, I highly recommend it!
What I have eaten during these hours:
Fruit salad with yogurt
Total Mini Challenges (the running total with links to hosting blog):
- Introductory Meme from the Read-A-Thon blog
- Book Appetite which is being hosted by Book Journey
- Self Portrait hosted by The Estella Society
- Book Puzzle hosted by One Librarian’s Book Reviews
- Clear the Cobwebs and Recharge Your Yoga hosted by Elizabeth Michelle
- Mid-Event Survey (see below) from the Read-A-Thon blog
Mini Challenge(s) completed during this update period:
1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired?
Oh, I’m sleepy. I stopped reading for awhile to rest my eyes, get a snack, walk around a bit. Hoping that after I have some dinner in the next hour that I’ll be more alert.
2) What have you finished reading?
I’ve finished my first book which was The Round House by Louise Erdrich.
3) What is your favorite read so far?
Well, since I’ve only read one book, it would have to be Erdrich’s which I loved. But, I’ve just started Maara’s novel and I’m really enjoying it so far. The writing is great.
4) What about your favorite snacks?
It would have to be that awesome fruit salad I made last night – it is very refreshing and tastes great with yogurt heaped on top.
5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love!
See those I’ve visited below – some are new, some aren’t…everyone is doing great!
Bloggers I’ve visited (the running total with links):
- Andi @ Estella’s Revenge
- Cat’s Thoughts
- Lisa @ Lit and Life
- Laura @ The Scarlet Letter
- Amused By Books
- Ali @ Worducopia
- Darcie @ Reading Derby
- Chris @ Aarlunk
- Lost in Kudzu
- Shannon @ River City Reading
|Hours of Event||# of Pages Read/Total # of Pages||Time Spent Reading (hours)/Total Time Reading (hours)||Time Spent Blogging (hours)/Total Time Blogging (hours)|
|03:00 pm – 05:00 pm||50/371||.97 hrs/6.87 hrs||.6 hrs/2.44 hrs|
|Hours of Event||Time Spent Visiting (min)/Total Time Visiting (min)||Mini Challenges Completed This Hour||Down Time (hours)/Total Down Time (hours)
|03:00 pm – 05:00 pm||0 hrs/.33 hrs||1||.43 hrs/2.36 hrs|
I hope if you’re participating you’re getting some great reading done! See you in two hours!!!