Yesterday I participated in the 24 Hour Read-A-Thon. I got up at 5:00 am and lasted until 11:00 pm last night. This is one of the best events on the Internet and it highlights exactly why I continue to blog year after year. Many thanks to the dedicated readers who help put this event on every April and October!
Below are my final “stats” and the end of the event meme.
- Number of hours participated: 18
- Number of hours actually reading: 10.42 hours
- Number of hours blogging: 3.26 hours
- Number of hours visiting other bloggers: 0.33 hours
- Number of bloggers who I visited and left a comment: 10
- Amount of time I spent eating, taking a shower, taking a walk, or just resting my eyes: 3.99 hours
- Total Number of Mini Challenges Completed: 7
- Pages Read: 506
- Which hour was most daunting for you? Definitely hour 18 when I kept falling asleep.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? This year I chose more literary books than I have in past years (usually I choose thrillers or fun, quick reads). But it worked out. I finished The Round House by Louise Erdrich and it was well paced and a great read. My second book was also fabulous, although I did not finish it – A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Maara.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Oh no – the organizers ROCK. Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke, as they say!
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Everything 🙂
- How many books did you read? 1.5
- What were the names of the books you read? The Round House by Louise Erdrich and A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Maara.
- Which book did you enjoy most? They were both great – I’ll probably rate them both very highly.
- Which did you enjoy least? N/A
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? N/A
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I won’t be participating in October because I will be out of the country (I’m traveling to Italy!!).