Have you seen all the posts lately about choosing a word for the New Year? I’ve been thinking about the word I’d like to live by in 2015.
I’m a physical therapist, a daughter, a sister, a wife, an aunt. I nurture others all the time. It is who I am, who I will always be. But this year, the word nurture is going to mean something a little different to me. Sure, I’ll keep on nurturing others (because that is what I do), but I am also going to spend some time nurturing myself.
What will this look like?
- Road Trips
- Sitting by a fire with a good glass of wine
- Date nights
- Candlelight Dinners
- Long Walks
- Bike Rides
- Making what I want to make (as opposed to what others expect me to make)
- Advancing my skills – going outside the box
- Taking time to browse through Pinterest, Quilt Magazines, Craft Books – letting my imagination take my inspiration to new places
- Just playing with no set goals
- Getting enough sleep
- Riding my bike and getting in shape for that century ride I want to do
- Saying “no” when I am already maxed out
- Eating more organics, leaner meat and less sugar
- Sewing with friends
- Phone calls to those far away (instead of email and Facebook)
- Sharing funny stories and things I am grateful for – inviting the people I love into my joy
- Grow a garden
- Pick wildflowers
- Take a hike
- Enjoy the views wherever they may be
- Watch a sunset
- Get up for sunrise
Nurturing myself will enable me to nurture others – I will be happier, healthier, more patient, less anxious. I know this to be true.
What about you? Do you have a word for 2015?