A Loss Too Big

GGBridge.Paula2009-06-27

Paula Ward Cuomo

July 23, 1957 – March 13, 2015

I miss you….every single day.

In my heart forever.

xo

LavenderFarm.WP012009-07-02

• Tui on April 27, 2015 at 06:58

In the early days of grief, its rawness makes it feel as though nothing will ever fill the hole left by that person’s passing. As time and acceptance do their work, we come to understand that it isn’t that the hole ever shrinks or goes away but that our hearts grow to encompass all that this person was to us, that we grow as a result of having known them, that loving them leaves us bigger than we otherwise might have been. And although we might never quite get over that feeling of wanting them there in person, nothing can take them away from their place inside of us. So wise words, Wendy: Paula will indeed be in your heart forever. xo

• Laura on April 27, 2015 at 09:07

Tui said it much more eloquently than I ever could. You have been very much in my heart these past few weeks. I hope that time will bring you healing and peace, and that you may long enjoy the fond memories of the times you and Paula spent together. xoxo

• Sand on April 27, 2015 at 10:37

Wendy, I’m so sorry to hear this. I know how much you loved her and how much you will miss her. My heart is with you in your grief.

• Ti on April 27, 2015 at 13:47

So sorry for your loss.

1. Oh, Wendy, I am so so sorry for your loss. I know you must be heartbroken.

• Kay on April 27, 2015 at 14:21

Wendy, I will admit that I had wondered a bit. Oh I am so, so sorry. You are in my thoughts and in my prayers and in my heart. I know how much you loved Paula and supported her and her family through her illness. Sigh. She’ll always be with you. She will. I think of my sister every single day. And am so grateful that we had good times together before her time on this earth was done. But I miss her…always. Biggest hugs to you – thinking of you – so sorrowful – indeed a loss too big. You take care, Wendy. And know that you are loved.

2. My heart hurts for you, Wendy. I don’t have a sister, but I do have three brothers, as well as sisters-in-laws. I’m especially close to a couple of them and would be lost without their presence in my life. We don’t get over the death of a loved one, do we? All we can do is keep them in our hears and minds and say their name. Hugs to you!

3. Oh Wendy, my heartfelt condolences. I can’t imagine losing a sister, it’s such a special relationship. love to you and your family,
    Elizabeth

4. i am so sorry to hear this. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

5. My most deep felt condolences to you and your family.

6. My most deepest condolences and virtual hugs to you.

• Beth F on April 28, 2015 at 03:29

Oh Wendy, I’m so sorry. My thoughts are with you.

7. I’m so sorry to hear your news. I can’t imagine what you’re going through right now, but I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts are with you ((HUGS))

• jeane on April 28, 2015 at 06:41

I did not know. I am so very sorry. I cannot think of anything adequate to say except please know we are thinking of you.

8. I’m so sorry, Wendy. Sending prayers…

• Diane D on May 11, 2015 at 11:32

I just read this, and my heart goes out to you. I’ve lost both my siblings in the last 9 years and some days I still feel like an orphan, My the happy memories sustain you Wendy.

9. Keeping you in my prayers. I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved sister.